Prof. Kenneth Suslick
Marvin T. Schmidt Professor of
Chemistry, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering,
Professor, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois, USA.
Two major research areas of Suslick research group at the University of Illinois are:
The chemical effects of ultrasound (which includes nano-materials synthesis and sonoluminescence)
Chemical sensing (specifically, optoelectronic nose, i.e., colorimetric sensor arrays for the detection of VOCs)
Selected Awards and Honors
• Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship
• Sir George Stokes Medal, Royal Society of Chemistry
• ACS Senior Cope Scholar Award.
• ACS Nobel Laureate Signature Award for Graduate Education
• Materials Research Society Medal
• Acoustical Society of America Mentorship Award
• Wolfgang Göpel Award, Intl. Soc. on Olfaction & Electronic Noses
• NIH Research Career Development Award
• Sloan Foundation Research Fellowship
• Silver Medal of the Royal Society for Arts, Manufactures, and Commerce.
For complete details please visit here