Prof. Sir Mark Edward Welland
Professor of Nanotechnology, Director of the IRC in Nanotechnology, Director of the Nanoscience Center, University of Cambridge, UK.
His current researches cover a number of aspects of nanotechnology ranging from sensors for medical applications to understanding and controlling the properties of nanoscale structures and devices.
Selected Awards and Honors
• Fellowships of the Royal Society and Royal Academy of Engineering (2002)
• Awarded the ‘Office of the Secretary Defence Medal for Exceptional Public Service’, the highest level non-career award given by the Secretary of Defence (2011)
• Awarded the ‘NNSA Gold Medal' for his 'outstanding leadership and wise counsel as Chief Scientific Advisor to the United Kingdom’ by the US Departments for Defence and Energy (2011).
• Awarded his knighthood in the 2011 Birthday Honors list.
• Awarded an honorary Doctor of Science from the University of Bristol (2014)
For complete details please visit here